My lil fam

My lil fam

Monday, December 28, 2009

Things in Review 2009

All I can say is what a year...
It has been a year of good and bad, ups and downs and life lessons learned. We began 09 with a fast for "protection, provision, and prosperity" and that he did. God kept us, protected us, provided for us and prospered us but not in the way we had in mind. I was blessed with a job in medical sales, the job I fasted for and prayed for over 2 years. However, it turned out to be the job that took me away from those I loved most, my family. I took the job in October 08 to unexpectedly find out weeks later we were pregnant with our third baby. I had to travel to Tampa during the Christmas season to ponder the whole time on the decisions I had made and if the sacrifices were worth this job I wanted. Also on top of all that I was dealing with the fact they couldn't find the heart beat in this 3rd pregnancy, so literally my wonderful doctor waited till I got off my 2hour delayed flight in from Tampa, past office hours to find out if the baby had a heart beat or not just days before Christmas. Thankfully the heartbeat was strong and we knew in 09 our family would be growing. Immediately we began transforming our house from duplex to a fully functional 2 story home and added an additional living room. Its very challenging to live in a construction zone and better yet when your pregnant!
Things with work continued to be stressful and take me away from my family and then I began to have dehydration problems and it began to put me into labor at 30 weeks. SO for the next five weeks I would spend it in and out of the hospital trying to keep Brinley in till week 36. Then in the mean time the unthinkable happened, Ray's dad passed away after having a double knee replacement he had a blood clot travel and block the backside of his heart. This is still hard to talk about. I may blog on it more later. So here we are just a couple of weeks from having Brinley and we are mourning the loss of the best father in law ever. The good and the bad of 09....

July 23rd 09 and 10:20, after 17 hours of labor in addition to 3hours of active pushing and seconds away from a c-section, Brinley Rae makes her grand appearance. She was not the biggest of my three weighing in at 9lbs and 1oz but to say the least she is and was the most difficult of the three. That's all I can say about Princess Brinley Rae!

Back to the job thing, I had finally established my territory and was doing great with West Knox as my territory. I was on maternity leave for a planned 12 weeks, which is a lot more than most people get but it just wasn't enough time for all that was going on in me. So I quit. Now I embarked on the journey of a stay at home mom of three babies under age 4!

Yes,this year has been a year of changes....

No comments:

Post a Comment