My lil fam

My lil fam

Monday, January 10, 2011

An August for the books!

Well, the month of August in year 2010 is one that I would rather not have in the history books because this month was a month for me!! I started feeling bad just a couple days into the month and next thing I know, I am at the doctor with a fever and chills to be diagnosed with a UTI and Strep. So they put me on antibiotics on that Wednesday then by Friday, I am not improving so Ray takes me back to the doctor and versus a shot they give me more and different antibiotics.

THEN, I still hadn't completely gotten better so they put me on a 3rd round of antibiotics and I was still running a fever, really lethargic and weak. They did tons of blood work trying to determine if it was mono (which I had in my early 20's) and treated it as it were in fact mono.

 Finally, after the 4th time to the Dr within 2 weeks they think I have an abscess in my throat and cart me over to Parkwest Hospital for a CT on my throat and had prepared for emergency surgery to drain the abscess and possibly pull my tonsils out as well. After, the scan Dr Seals had me go to his office, an ENT. He decided another round of antibiotics and steroids should solve the "big beefy tonsils" as he called it. Not to mention during all this Ray is playing football and I had a lapse in judgement and went with him to his game in Nashville the very next day after my hospital visit! What was I thinking!? I better get "wife of the year!!" Ha. Anyways, I didn't improve, wonder why? I didn't tell Dr. Seals about my trip so he put me on another round of antibiotics and steroids!
A couple weeks into September I finally start to recover and then realize from all the steroids and sleeping I had managed to gain 12pounds!

What a freaking month and a half! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment